In order to use the computer system without having to constantly contend with glitches cause predominantly by viruses, the user will have to ensure adequate measures are taken to protect the computer system from possible virus invasion.
The following are some practical and easy ways to help the user keep the treat of viruses at bay:
• The simple and most effective way to keep the possibility of a virus invasion from taking root within the software would be to be constantly updating the software in use. This would include the Operating System where regular check for updates and set up automation updates are practiced.
• Using higher quality antivirus software for reputable manufactures is also something to be encouraged. Taking the time to check the manufacturer’s recommendations for information such as set up guides and configurations is important. A complicated style would not be helpful to the user and instead probably cause a lot of frustration when trying to install the application.
• The user should ideally avoid any sites that are questionable in nature, especially those that offer commercial software downloads for free. There are usually hidden agendas and the software are mostly below the performance levels expected, when it comes to thoroughly addressing the virus eradication or blocking exercise.
• The most popular recommendation would be to never open emails from unknown sources. Most would advise simply deleting the email if in doubt, as it would not be worth the effort of eradication, if it does contain viruses. – 24 –
• The user should be aware of anything that appears either too good to be true or simply seems to be free. It is a common thought process to note that nothing is free, thus online elements should be no different.